Education and universal access to sexual and reproductive health services are crucial to achieving voluntary reductions in fertility rates.
In order to achieve our goals we need national plans backed by donor support for:
- the scale-up of access to basic health services
- free contraception, family planning services and safe childbirth services
- girls’ education (universal for boys and girls through secondary school)
- child survival
- the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
- the Sexual and Reproductive Health Research and Development Fund (to be created)